2018 Development that Best Preserves Existing Public Housing
Developer: Ypsilanti-Washtenaw Housing Corporation
Location: Ypsilanti, Mich.
The 70-year-old Parkridge public housing complex in Ypsilanti, Mich., was built for workers at the Willow Run plant in the 1940s and converted to public housing a decade later. Now Ypsilanti-Washtenaw Housing Corporation demolished the property to make room for New Parkridge, which includes 86 quality apartments with townhouses.
New Parkridge’s architectural design connects each home to the community and features street-facing homes with front porches, sidewalks, driveways and yards. It includes playgrounds, a grilling area and community garden. Supportive services are offered by Eastern Michigan University and Avalon Housing.
When the waiting lists opened in February 2017 for New Parkridge and another development, approximately 1,400 applications were received in one week and the apartments were leased immediately upon completion.
- Upcoming Conferences
- Previous Conferences
- 2021 Developments of Distinction Awards Winners
- 2021 Historic Rehabilitation Awards Winners
- 2021 Community Development QLICIs of the Year Awards Winners
- Past Award Winners
- Community Development QLICIs of the Year Awards
- Developments of Distinction Awards
- Historic Rehabilitation Awards
- Individual Achievement Awards
- Renewable Energy Power Awards
- Exhibit and Sponsorship
- FAQs and Feedback
- Industry Events
- Contact Us