2019 Metro QLICI of the Year Award Recipient
The Franklin School
CDE: The Innovate Fund LLC
Developer: Northside Development Group
Owner: Northside Development Group
Location: Spartansburg, S.C.
The Franklin School in Spartanburg, S.C., is a new early childhood learning center that is part of a statewide education initiative to help children reach first grade and prepare them to be successful students.
The school serves around 175 children a day that range from the ages of six weeks to 5 years old, and provides a full-year program with curriculum focus on the STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) approach.
The goal of the school is to provide mixed-income access to quality education with sliding-scale tuition rates, and to have no more than 40 percent of children pay full rates for tuition. An NMTC allocation of $10 million from The Innovate Fund LLC made it possible to offer Early Head Start and Head Start programming, as well as for Spartanburg County First Steps to lease the space at 85 percent below market.
“Providing affordable child care to low-income people provides an avenue to employment,” said DiPietro.
- Upcoming Conferences
- Previous Conferences
- 2021 Developments of Distinction Awards Winners
- 2021 Historic Rehabilitation Awards Winners
- 2021 Community Development QLICIs of the Year Awards Winners
- Past Award Winners
- Community Development QLICIs of the Year Awards
- Developments of Distinction Awards
- Historic Rehabilitation Awards
- Individual Achievement Awards
- Renewable Energy Power Awards
- Exhibit and Sponsorship
- FAQs and Feedback
- Industry Events
- Contact Us