Sign Up Today!
CPE: Novogradac Financing LIHTC Properties Using Private Activity Bonds Webinar
Continuing Professional Education
Novogradac & Company LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org
Instructional delivery method: Group internet
- Differentiate private activity tax-exempt bonds from private, taxable bonds as well as from other forms of public, tax-exempt bonds
- Identify how failing the 50 percent test equates to a corresponding drop in tax credits claimed and equity received
- Identify the major parties and their roles in a typical public bond issue and which parties are not part of direct bond issues
- Select the type of bond that generates more interest cost between fully funded and draw-down bonds
- Properly identify the sequence of steps in a bond financing timeline
- Calculate the amount of bond issuance costs that can be paid from bond proceeds based on 2% cost of issuance limitation
- Differentiate between good costs and bad costs in the 95-5 test
- Identify the penalty for and the manner in which noncompliance with bond rules is reported to the IRS
Prerequisites: A basic understanding of the LIHTC program
Advance preparation required: None
Recommended field of study: Taxes
Recommended credit hours: 2
In accordance with the standards of the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, CPE credits for this course are based on a 50-minute hour group-internet based instructional method and responses to three attendance monitoring activities (usually in the form of polling questions) per credit. Failure to participate in the entire live webinar will result in partial or no CPE credit.
Note: Multiple paid registrants within an organization may choose to watch the webinar on one screen. In situations where small groups view a webinar, for multiple members of the group to claim CPE credit it is not necessary for the individuals in the group to respond to polling questions individually. The person logged into the program may respond to the polling on behalf of the group and the monitoring of active participation of the individuals in the small group will be documented and verified by the small group administrator.
If you are watching the webinar in a group and wish to be eligible to claim CPE credit for multiple members of the group, please print and fill out the Small Group Sign-In Sheet (provided during the webinar) and submit it to [email protected]
Policy for addressing concerns or issues with Continuing Professional Education delivered by Novogradac & Company
Please address any questions or concerns regarding CPE at Novogradac & Company workshops, webinars or on-demand courses to the Events Desk at 415-356-7970 or [email protected].
Unresolved issues or concerns regarding registered CPE sponsors may be reported to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors and submitted online at www.nasbaregistry.org/cpas/complaints.
Note also that although recordings of most webinars are available for purchase, unless specifically stated, CPE is NOT available for webinar recordings.