2021 Development that Best Exemplifies Rural Community Impact
Developer and owner: Volunteers of America National Services
Location: Durango, Colorado
Miremonte serves vulnerable seniors in a community of fewer than 19,000 residents, but one that draws retirees and visitors.
Developer/owner Volunteers of America paired with the Durango Senior Center and Housing Solutions of the Southwest to connect seniors in the surrounding community with Miremonte, which has direct access to a nature center and medical center. That helps ensure the best possible health outcomes for the property’s residents.
Wells Fargo invested $14.6 million in LIHTC equity in the 53-unit property, which includes a community room, resident lounge, outdoor terrace and gardens. The on-site management and services coordination are done by VOA Colorado, providing residents with access to essential services and programs.
- Upcoming Conferences
- Previous Conferences
- 2021 Developments of Distinction Awards Winners
- 2021 Historic Rehabilitation Awards Winners
- 2021 Community Development QLICIs of the Year Awards Winners
- Past Award Winners
- Community Development QLICIs of the Year Awards
- Developments of Distinction Awards
- Historic Rehabilitation Awards
- Individual Achievement Awards
- Renewable Energy Power Awards
- Exhibit and Sponsorship
- FAQs and Feedback
- Industry Events
- Contact Us