2021 Development that Best Exemplifies Special Needs Population
Main Street Apartments
Developers: RST Development, LLC and Main Street Connect, Inc.
Owner: Main Street Ap, LP
Location: Rockville, Maryland
Main Street Apartments was conceived, designed and developed by RST Development LLC and Main Street Connect Inc. with the principles of inclusion, affordability and sustainability. The 70-unit mixed-income, mixed-use property reserves 25% of units for special needs individuals and fully embraces the culture of inclusion.
The development also includes a 10,000-square-foot community center where nonprofit partner Main Street Connect provides a range of programming and events for the building’s residents and other community members. The Soulfull Café, located in the building, provides employment opportunities for members of the special-needs community. Wells Fargo Community Lending and Investment provided $15 million in LIHTC equity for the $30.7 million property.
Beyond the property, the development team conducted a webinar for others interested in similar projects and has built multiple relationships with community organizations.
- Upcoming Conferences
- Previous Conferences
- 2023 Developments of Distinction Award Winners
- 2023 Historic Rehabilitation Award Winners
- 2023 Community Development QLICIs of the Year Award Winners
- Past Award Winners
- Developments of Distinction Awards
- Community Development QLICIs of the Year Awards
- Historic Rehabilitation Awards
- Individual Achievement Awards
- Renewable Energy Power Awards
- Exhibit and Sponsorship
- FAQs and Feedback
- Industry Events
- Contact Us