2022 Development that Best Exemplifies Rural Community Impact
Developer: Conifer Realty, LLC.
Location: Westminster, Maryland
Residents of the small farming community of Westminster, Maryland, must endure housing costs that are driven up by the area’s proximity to Washington, D.C., and Baltimore, which led Conifer Realty to develop Westminster Way, a 55-apartment mixed-income affordable housing development in Westminster.
The development is spread over two locations, less than 1 mile apart. One location is a redevelopment of an existing 20-apartment complex, while the other includes 35 new-construction properties. Bank of America invested $14.3 million in federal LIHTC equity for the $19.5 million development.
Residents have access to amenities that include a fitness center, car-charging station and smart card laundry system. The community is near employment opportunities, shopping, financial services and medical institutions, as well as the community’s transportation system.
- Upcoming Conferences
- Previous Conferences
- 2023 Developments of Distinction Awards
- 2023 Historic Rehabilitation Awards
- 2023 Community Development QLICIs of the Year Award Winners
- Past Award Winners
- Community Development QLICIs of the Year Awards
- Developments of Distinction Awards
- Historic Rehabilitation Awards
- Individual Achievement Awards
- Renewable Energy Power Awards
- Exhibit and Sponsorship
- FAQs and Feedback
- Industry Events
- Contact Us