On July 16, 2021, Novogradac updated its Privacy Notice for California Residents. You should review this updated Privacy Notice before continuing to use our site. By continuing to use our site, you agree to this updated Privacy Notice.
Novogradac Conference In-Person Attendance Safety Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: August 20, 2021
As an in-person attendee, your safety and the safety of all attendees is our top priority. The following terms & conditions have been implemented based on CDC-guidelines, and, unless otherwise prohibited by law, your in-person attendance is subject to these terms and conditions. Please familiarize yourself with these terms & conditions and reach out to [email protected] with any questions.
Conference Safety Terms & Conditions
- In light of recent CDC announcements and data released concerning increased spread and transmissibility of the SARS-CoV2 Delta variant among unvaccinated and vaccinated populations, regardless of an individual’s vaccination status, face coverings in compliance with the CDC’s Guide to Masks are currently required at all Novogradac conferences, particularly those located in a region designated by the CDC as having substantial or high transmission of COVID-19.
- Attendees must wear a face covering that extends from the chin to the bridge of the nose at all times during the conference, except when the attendee is eating or drinking, or for attendees who cannot wear face coverings due to a medical or mental health condition or disability, or who are hearing-impaired or communicating with a hearing-impaired person.
- Any revisions to our face covering policy will be dictated by CDC Guidelines and the status of the pandemic in the region where the conference is held. The policy may be revised up to and including the time of the conference.
- At the time of registration, all attendees are required to review and acknowledge our Novogradac Terms & Conditions of Conference Registration, Novogradac COVID Terms & Conditions of Conference Registration and Novogradac Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk.
- All registered attendees will be required to submit proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test via our 3rd party event management platform within 72 hours of the event. Instructions for submission will be provided to all registered attendees via e-mail. Each attendee that successfully submits the required documentation will receive a QR code indicating they have satisfied the health and safety requirements for in-person attendance.
- Upon entry to the conference, all registered attendees are required to scan their QR code.
- Optional colored bracelets are available to indicate an attendee’s comfort level of interaction with other attendees during the conference.
- Orange = social distance - I’m comfortable with no physical contact
- Blue = still cautious - I’m comfortable with elbow bumps
- An anonymous submission form is available to report concerns and/or incidents that an attendee would like Novogradac to address.
Conference Room Setups
Meeting, meal and networking furniture is set up in accordance with CDC Guidelines.
Public touch points throughout the function space is cleaned in accordance with the CDC Guidelines.
- Sanitizing stations are set up throughout the function space.
- Attendees are encouraged to utilize sanitizing stations before and after eating as well as before and after sessions and breaks.
- Attendees are encouraged to wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
Food and Beverage
Food and beverage stations are set up in accordance with CDC Guidelines.
Notice of Potential Event Changes
Because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic which has resulted in various city, state, and federal regulations, guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (“CDC”) and state and local health authorities, and emergency orders (together, “Government Orders”), we are currently unable to predict how many attendees will be able to attend this event in person. Based on current circumstances, we are moving forward with the plan of accommodating the greatest number of in-person attendees to the extent it is deemed safe and advisable by applicable Government Orders. Since the state of the pandemic and Government Orders can rapidly change without notice, we reserve the right to adjust the number of attendees registered to attend the in-person portion of our conference at any time, and to convert any or all registrations to a virtual registration to the extent required by applicable Government Orders. Novogradac is not responsible for any additional costs you may incur due to a conference cancellation or conversion from in-person to virtual, including, but not limited to, cancellation fees, airfare, accommodations, transportation costs, etc.
Attendance at the Conference is subject to Novogradac’s policies and procedures, which will be based on current Government Orders, as well as the policies and procedures of the venue. Because Government orders or the policies and procedures of the venue may change at any time with little or no advance notice, we reserve the right to change our policies and procedures at any time. By registering for the Conference, you agree to comply with Government Orders and Novogradac’s and the venue’s policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, face coverings, social distancing, quarantine, or health screenings and/or questionnaires.
Novogradac and/or the venue reserve the right to ask an attendee to leave the Conference or to refuse admission to a live attendee who violates the policies and procedures of the Conference, Novogradac, and/or the venue. If you are asked to leave or refused admission to the Conference you will not be readmitted into the Conference and no refund will be provided.