AHA is looking for a Financial Analyst to assist in the growth and development of the company’s LIHTC platform.
This role will have primary tasks that include researching rent and sales comps, modeling & underwriting for (BOVs) Broker-Opinions of Value and proposals, researching state policies and providing guidance to other team members.
The ideal candidate preferably has previous experience underwriting investment real estate and/or knowledge of LIHTC, multi-family, and affordable housing.
LIHTC Underwriting Expertise
- Work with Senior Financial Analyst evaluating stand-alone LIHTC opportunities for AHA
- Property evaluations may include: reviewing financial Audits, P&L statements, 8609’s, rent rolls, partnership agreements and tax statements;
researching and analyzing economic, and real estate market data to recognize market trends in order to support all underwriting assumptions with a
high level of certainty; communication with sales team
- Become familiar with agency and HUD debt markets and other LIHTC specific financing instruments
- Researching state & local policies for tax abatements, tax exemptions and PILOTs for affordable housing
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Preference for a Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a relevant field of study (business, finance, real estate,
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skill level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers and clients
- Ability to effectively and efficiently present information and interface with the Sales Team as well as Company Leadership
- Ability to prioritize and work independently; also works well in a group setting
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills
- Be able to recognize and analyze trends in financial statements
- Understanding of financial concepts (DCF, ROI, IRR, NPV, Cap Rate, etc.) and factors effecting these metrics
- Ability to solve problems in stressful situations