At Novogradac, our unofficial motto has long been “Doing well by doing good.” We are proud of the societal benefits generated by our industry niches such as affordable housing, urban renewal, historic preservation and renewable energy. We also recognize that opportunities exist to help our communities beyond the tax credit programs in which we specialize. For that reason, Novogradac supports a number of charitable organizations and encourages employees to participate in a number of charitable programs.
The American Red Cross
Novogradac has teamed with the American Red Cross to offer an opportunity for employees to provide financial assistance to those in need. For every donation made to the American Red Cross by an active Novogradac employee, the organization makes a dollar-for-dollar matching donation, up to an annual aggregate maximum. These donations can be directed to a number of efforts, including disaster relief, services for military members and their families, local Red Cross chapters and more.
Every year, Novogradac encourages employees to give back to their communities by providing paid time off to employees who volunteer for community service events arranged by the organization. These events have included volunteer opportunities with organizations such as Project Homeless Connect and Habitat for Humanity, as well as local food banks in the communities where Novogradac offices are located.
The Novogradac Community Development Foundation
The Novogradac Community Development Foundation (NCDF) is a private nonprofit entity that addresses the issues of community and economic development, housing and the preservation of America's neighborhoods. The NCDF fosters the development of knowledge, supports beneficial public policy, disseminates community development information and makes below-market loans to nonprofit housing and community development organizations in its endeavors to establish positive change in the nation's communities.
Among other things, the NCDF honors special achievement in the field of community development through its Annual Community Development Awards program.
Novogradac is also a member of a number of organizations dedicated to the programs and goals of the tax credit programs in which we specialize. (partial list)
- Affordable Housing Tax Credit Coalition
- Council for Affordable and Rural Housing
- Council of Development Finance Agencies
- Council of Large Public Housing Authorities
- Housing Advisory Group
- Historic Tax Credit Coalition
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- National Association of Home Builders’ Housing Credit Group
- National Affordable Housing Management Association
- National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials
- National Association of Local Housing Finance Agencies
- National Council of Affordable Housing Market Analysts
- National Council for Public Private Partnerships
- National Council of State Housing Agencies
- National Housing & Rehabilitation Association
- National Housing Conference
- National Leased Housing Association
- National Multifamily Housing Council
- New Markets Tax Credit Coalition
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Public Housing Authorities Directors Association
- Urban Land Institute