Notice at Collection for Employees and Job Applicants
Novogradac & Company LLP and its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, Novogradac, we, us, or our) collects and uses the personal information of employees and job applicants (you or your). We provide you with this Notice to inform you about the categories of personal information we may collect about you.
This Notice is intended to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Categories of Information Collected
Through the Company’s employment relationship with you, we may collect, use, disclose and store the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, such as your full name, preferred name, postal address, personal email address, Social Security Number and/or other government ID number, and signature.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Consumer Records Statute (Cal Civ. Code §1798.80(e)), such as name, signature, Social Security Number and/or other governmental ID number, address, telephone number, education history and bank account information.
- Protected classification characteristics, such as age, race, marital status, medical, mental and/or physical condition or disability, gender and veteran or military status.
- Internet or other similar activity, such as browsing history, search history, or other identifying data we may obtain when you interact with our systems.
- Geolocation Data, such as time and physical location related to use of an internet website, application, device, or physical access to and/or physical presence in a Company office location.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your job history, performance evaluations and related information.
- Non-Public educational information, such as your academic and professional qualifications, professional licensure, transcripts and grades.
- Sensitive Personal Information, such as your Social Security number, driver’s license number, state identification number, passport number and demographic data. This may also include precise geolocation data obtained from certain Company-provided equipment, such as MiFi devices.
As part of the Company’s benefits programs, we may collect a dependent's or other individual's personal information, such as their full name, address, date of birth, and Social Security numbers (SSN). We also collect contact information, such as names, addresses, phone numbers, email accounts, and other contact information, for any emergency contacts you list in the Paychex Flex.
The Company generally does not sell or share, as defined by the CCPA, the personal information of its employees. The Company does sell personal information of conference attendees, which may include employee personal information if the employee is attends the Company’s conferences. Employees who attend the Company’s conferences should review the Notice at Collection currently posted to the Company’s public website for further information.
How the Company Uses Your Information
The Company collects Personal Information to use or disclose as appropriate for the following purposes.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Recruit and evaluate job applicants and candidates for employment.
- Conduct background checks as may be required by applicable law, regulation, or as required by Company’s agreements with its clients.
- Manage your employment relationship with us, including for:
- onboarding processes;
- timekeeping, payroll, and expense report administration;
- employee benefits administration;
- employee training and development requirements, including to provide you with continuing education credits (if applicable);
- the creation, maintenance, and security of your online employee accounts;
- reaching your emergency contacts when needed, such as when you are not reachable, are injured or ill;
- workers' compensation claims management;
- employee job performance, including goals and performance reviews, promotions, discipline, and termination; and
- other human resources purposes.
- Provide, manage and monitor employee access to company facilities, equipment, and systems.
- Conduct internal audits and workplace investigations.
- Investigate and enforce compliance with and potential breaches of Company policies and procedures.
- Engage in corporate transactions requiring review of employee records, such as for evaluating potential mergers and acquisitions of the Company.
- Maintain commercial insurance policies and coverages, including for workers' compensation, professional liability/errors and omissions, and other liability insurance.
- Perform workforce analytics, data analytics, and benchmarking.
- Administer and maintain the Company's operations, including but not limited to safety purposes.
- In connection to the services the Company provides to its clients.
- For client marketing purposes.
- Exercise or defend the legal rights of the Company and its employees, affiliates, clients, contractors, and agents.
Retaining Your Information
We will retain the personal information disclosed to us for the period of time reasonably necessary to achieve the disclosed collection and use purposes. In general, we retain your information for the duration of your employment with us or for a reasonable time after you submit an application for employment and/or provide us your resume (as applicable), but we may retain your information for longer periods of time, which would be determined by any applicable law, regulation, statute of limitations and/or other business considerations.
Further information may be found in the current Employee Handbook, which is available on NovieNet and on Paychex Flex.
Employees who have questions about this Notice or need to access this Notice in an alternative format due to having a disability should contact [email protected] or 1-877-222-1857 (choose Option 3 to register your request).
Job applicants who have questions about this Notice or need to access this Notice in an alternative format due to having a disability may use the Consumer Privacy Request option or by calling 1-877-222-1857 (choose option three to register your request).