Privacy Notice at Collection
This Notice does not apply to Novogradac’s employees and job applicants. Employees and job applicants should instead consult this Privacy Notice at Collection.
This Notice is intended to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Categories of Information Collected
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Identifiers, such as your name, username, postal address, unique personal identifier, IP address, email address, or an account name.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)), such as your name, address, phone number and email address.
- Protected classification characteristics under federal, state, or local laws.
- Commercial information, such as records of your purchases made on our Website.
- Internet or other similar network activity, such as browsing history, log in history, website interaction and search history.
- Geolocation data.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your job title and where you work.
- Non-public education information, such as transcripts, grades and coursework.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information, such as mailing list preferences.
How We Use Yor Information
We collect personal information to use or disclose as appropriate to:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you provide your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or registration, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to inform you of future offers, facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- If you use our Website to register for a conference, we will use the information you provide to help plan, organize and prepare for the conference so we and our vendors may provide you with the services and benefits of the conference.
- If you attend one of our webinars, certification, or informational programs, to provide you with the benefits offered by these programs, such as continuing education credits.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, apps, products and services.
- If you work for one or more of our clients, to contact you regarding the services we provide to those clients.
- If you, as an individual, signed an engagement letter with our firm to receive professional services, to provide you with those professional services.
- If you work for one or more of our vendors or service providers, to contact you regarding the goods or services we receive from the vendor or service provider.
- To create, maintain, customize and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments, including for billing and collection and prevent transactional fraud.
- To personalize your Website and/or app experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website and/or apps, third-party sites and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, apps, products and services, databases and other technology assets and business.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Novogradac's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Novogradac about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
We will retain the personal information disclosed to us for the period of time reasonably necessary to achieve the disclosed collection and use purposes. We are unable to provide retention periods for the categories of personal information we collect. Instead, we will retain information based on the nature of our relationship with you, whether we provide professional services to you or to a company with which you are associated, the applicable statute of limitations and/or other business considerations.
Selling or Sharing Your Information
In the preceding 12 months, Novogradac has sold personal information disclosed to us by conference attendees to third parties, such as the sponsors of our conferences, as part of their sponsorship of the conference, to allow them to plan their exhibits, their marketing plans, and related business purposes. We provide these third parties with the following categories of information:
- Personal Information Categories listed in the California Customer Records Statute (Cal. Civ. Code Sec. 1798.80(e)).
- Professional or employment-related information.
The California Consumer Privacy Act defines “sharing” to mean the sharing, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communication personal information to a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes (Cal. Civ. Code §1798.140(ah)). In the preceding 12 months, we have shared personal information collected from website users to third parties, such as:
- Commercial information, and
- Internet or other similar activity.
Novogradac does not sell or share information disclosed to us through other contexts, such as part of the professional contracted services we provide to our clients or that is disclosed or provided to us by our vendors.
You may exercise your right to opt out of the selling or sharing of your personal information through the methods listed in the Notice of Right to Opt-Out.
If you have any questions about this Notice or need to access this Notice in an alternative format due to having a disability, please visit the Consumer Privacy Request web portal. You may also call 1-877-222-1857 (choose Option 3 to register your request).