On July 16, 2021, Novogradac updated its Privacy Notice for California Residents. You should review this updated Privacy Notice before continuing to use our site. By continuing to use our site, you agree to this updated Privacy Notice.
Last Modified: May 14, 2021
Novogradac & Company LLP and its affiliates (collectively, Novogradac,” “we,” “us,” or “our) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we may collect from you or that you provide when you visit the website www.novoco.com, www.novogradacevents.com, training.novoco.com and use our applications (together, our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- By telephone, when placing orders for products available on our Website or completing the conference registration process by phone.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- When you use any application we advertise, promote, provide, upload, or otherwise make available to you, including on the Apple App Store, the Google PlayStore, or any other similar platform.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us through or as part of a professional services engagement with our clients. Information collected as part of a professional engagement is instead subject to applicable professional rules, such as those promulgated by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants or the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.
- Us offline or by any other means, including on any other website operated by Novogradac, its affiliates, or a third party.
- Any third party, including our affiliates, through any application or content that may link to or may be accessible from our Website.
Access by Children under the Age of 16:
Our Website is primarily intended for use by businesses and professionals in the affordable housing, community development, historic preservation, renewable energy, historic preservation and opportunity zones fields. It is not intended that the Website be used by minors. No part of our Website is structured to attract children under the age 16. Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and/or applicable state or local law, we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. Children under the age of 16 are hereby instructed to exit this Website without providing your own personally identifiable information to us.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Sites, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail addresses, telephone number, credit card information, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, or any other online or offline identifier (“Personal Information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as company affiliation and information, preferences and areas of interest, media referral data, site behavior data]; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Sites, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, sessions, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or requesting information about our services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Last date you logged into your account.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses, names, phone numbers, and other information), if you contact us, including by phone or email.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website
Our Automatic Data Collection Practices
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website including traffic data, location data, logs, and site activity other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See the Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information section below for information on how you can exercise choice and opt out of behavioral tracking on this website. Our Website is not currently able to detect and honor a visitor’s “do not track” browser settings.
The information we collect automatically is generally statistical data but may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Analyze and improve digital platform performance.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Deliver “early bird” savings and similar coupons.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Administer promotions, surveys and user testing activities.
- Run sweepstakes and contests.
- Sync your activity across different service platforms and devices.
- Calculate shipping costs and similar information.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Sessions. Session data is information stored by a browser or server. Session data helps the Website perform the actions you request. It can also track behaviors like add-to-cart or similar ecommerce activity.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also called pixels) that permit Novogradac to, for example, count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording a purchase or verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or registration, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to inform you of future offers, facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- If you use our Website to register for a conference, we will use the information you provide to help plan, organize and prepare for the conference so we and our vendors may provide you with the services and benefits of the conference
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, apps, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments, including for billing and collection, and prevent transactional fraud.
- To personalize your Website and/or app experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website and/or apps, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, apps, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in this policy.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Novogradac's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Novogradac about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Novogradac’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Novogradac about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Novogradac, our customers and clients, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by Novogradac to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may use the links in the footer of the email to manage your email preferences or unsubscribe. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, product service experience, or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see the Privacy Notice for California Residents for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this address: [email protected]. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering the Nevada statute’s opt-out requirements.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
California residents may also send us an email to [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that they have provided to us.
We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see our Privacy Notice for California Residents for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit the Privacy Notice for California Residents.
Residents of the European Union:
At this time, our professional services, events and products are not targeted towards residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Natural persons currently located in the EEA should not submit inquiries, place orders on this Site, or otherwise provide us with their Personally Identifiable Information (as that term is defined in the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation).
We strive to protect the security of your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is secured on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any information provided to us to fulfill your online orders is secured by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. We utilize security-certified payment processing companies located in North America for credit card authorization and settlement purposes. To further protect against credit card fraud, we only receive a tokenized substitute for your credit card number. If you choose to save your credit card information during a purchase, we save only the tokenized substitute for your credit card number.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. You should close all browser windows when finished if using a shared computer.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Novogradac & Company LLP
1160 Battery Street, 4th Floor – East Building
San Francisco, CA 94111