Novogradac Nonprofit Housing Developers Handbook
The Novogradac Nonprofit Housing Developers Handbook introduces nonprofit organizations to the world of affordable housing development. This comprehensive guide will help your organization navigate the rules and regulations that nonprofits need to follow when participating in low-income housing tax credit and tax-exempt bond developments.
The manual includes information about:
- Nonprofit organizations’ role in affordable housing development;
- Partnerships with public and for-profit entities;
- Participation in low-income housing tax credit projects;
- Property depreciation rules;
- Charitable contribution of real estate;
- Unrelated business taxable income
SPECIAL BONUS for California-based nonprofits: A chapter on the California Nonprofit Integrity Act of 2004.
President, Integrity Housing
Vice President for Real Estate Development, Volunteers of America