Renewable Energy Working Group
About the Group
The Renewable Energy Working Group was established to address many of the various technical and political issues prevalent in the renewable energy industry and to provide a platform for renewable energy participants to work together to collectively resolve these issues. Each month, members of the group participate on a conference call. Members participate in discussions and provide input regarding pending action items as agreed to by the members of the group. Novogradac & Company LLP also hosts a Renewable Energy Working Group meeting at a scheduled time at each of its national renewable energy tax credit conferences. Comments and suggestions are agreed to and submitted in writing directly to the IRS, Treasury and other applicable organizations based upon the group discussions.
- Submit comments to state agencies and governments relating to the adoption of bills similar to California’s S.B. 401 not taxing Section 1603 Treasury Grant payments.
- Submit comments and inquire of IRS and Treasury as to eligibility of certain renewable energy facility costs
- On-site transmission costs
- Transmission upgrades / contributions in aid of construction
- Carports and other elevated mounting structures
- Submit comments and inquiries to IRS relating to the taxation of state energy incentives and Section 136 issues
- Develop best practices for the renewable energy industry
- Submit comments to IRS relating to the relief of the current passive loss and at-risk rules prevalent in renewable energy transactions
- Submit comments / lobby the California Public Utilities Commission relating to the refunding of MASH Track 1
- Submit comments to IRS relating to the clarification of book life of energy property Project Item
The Renewable Energy Working Group does consider input from non-members when drafting of comment letters, recommended practices and other content. To submit input on a renewable energy tax credit topic, contact Chad Durden at (678) 339-3652 or firstname.lastname@example.org.