Senior Accountant - Full-time, Exempt
The Senior Accountant is responsible for several areas in the accounting division and will report to the Controller.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Coordinate audits and tax returns with external CPAs, book adjustment entries
- Prepare development draws and reconcile predevelopment accounts
- Review property forecasts and budgets
- Assist with loan closings and conversions, underwriting deal evaluations
- Refine financial analysis reports and real estate cash distribution calculations
- Oversee purchasing workflow processing
- Aids and reconciles payroll transactions
- Monitors accounts payable business cycle and related staff for all entities
- Transfers funds electronically and reconciles bank statements
- Maintains accounting ledgers and reviews and posts journal entries
- Assist in month-end closing and financial statement reporting to internal and external parties
- Helps in compliance efforts with LIHTC regulators
- Communicates with community managers on a regular basis
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Other duties as assigned; above duties may change in frequency and scope depending on business need
Level of Education, Experience, and Skill Set:
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe, Internet
- Real Page and Quickbooks experience strongly preferred
- Audit coordination and construction draw experience is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3 to 6 years of accounting experience with progressively increased responsibility
- Problem solving and analytical, detail-oriented, thorough, professional, strong organization, time management, and communication skills
- A value builder - someone who owns what they do and inspires everyone at all levels
- Team and goal-oriented player, self-motivated, deadline driven, and multi-tasker
- Some use of personal vehicle and phone, valid CA driver’s license
Mariman & Co. is a privately-held real estate investment company committed to creating and sustaining communities throughout Southern California. Primarily focused on the market and affordable real estate market, operations are diversified in areas such as development, asset and property management, and wealth management. Mariman & Co. is a mission driven organization that aims to grow extensively in the next few years along with the communities it serves. Partnerships forged with investors, lenders, and non-profits set the foundation for strategic growth that prioritizes residential housing, particularly multi-generational families.
Currently, the company has an amazing opportunity for a remarkable person who loves a fun and dynamic work environment. As a boutique real estate investor, our long history has helped create a culture where our employees can use their innovation, collaborative spirit, and abundant opportunities for sustainable growth. The attraction of the work place reflects upon a new office space (Newport Beach/Fashion Island), kitchen amenities, casual dress code, and simply, fun included.
Please email resume to Andy Vasquez, Controller, [email protected].