What kind of opportunities can you build?
Novogradac created the Building Opportunities program to introduce accounting and real estate finance students to the possibility of creating a career focused on building opportunities for our communities.
Using some of Novogradac’s strongest assets, Building Opportunities provides students who are selected the opportunity to break through many of the traditional barriers to entry in our industries including: awareness of career path options; education; and forming connections with professionals and potential mentors.
Applicants Selected Will Receive
Up to 3 hours of mentoring with a Novogradac employee at a manager level or above.
Novogradac Community Development Certificate
(10+ hours of educational training)
A program offered to professionals in the real estate and accounting industries who seek knowledge on low-income housing tax credits and new markets tax credits.
- Low-Income Housing Tax Credit 101: The Basics Recording
- New Markets Tax Credit 101: The Basics Recording
And ONE of the following (your choice):
- Historic Tax Credit 101: The Basics Recording
- Renewable Energy Tax Credit 101: The Basics Recording
- Opportunity Zones 101: The Basics Recording
Attendance to one Novogradac conference and pre-conference workshop
- Virtual or in-person attendance available.
- Travel and expenses are not included.
Receive print copies of introduction books:
- Low-Income Housing Tax Credit
- New Markets Tax Credit
- Historic Tax Credit
- Opportunity Zones
- HUD Multifamily Rental Housing Programs
- HUD’s Rental Assistance Demonstration Program
Year-long virtual subscription to the Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits
Submit Your Application
Eligibility: Full-time undergraduate (Juniors/Seniors) and graduate students who are currently studying accounting, economics, business, finance, or real estate. Minimum GPA 3.6.
Application open: 8/10/21-8/31/21
Awards anticipated: 9/20/21-9/24/21