Novogradac Initial Lease Up and Maximizing First-Year Credits Webinar (Feb 2019) - On-Demand
This webinar provides a look at several crucial factors of a low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) property construction completion and initial lease up that—if ignored or not properly understood—can jeopardize a locations ability to maximize both its first-year and its Year 2 through Year 10 tax credits.
- First-year weighted average applicable fraction vs. 12/31 applicable fraction
- When a unit can first count as LIHTC qualified
- Excess basis in first-year credit calculation for 9% deals
- Credit percentage fluctuation risk for bond deals
- Form 8609 Line 10c – minimum set-aside election
- Form 8609 Line 8b – multi-building project election
- Rent floor election
- Occupancy threshold for implementing new utility allowances
- Record retention requirements
- Form 8609 Line 10a – postponing Year 1 of credit period
- Avoiding 2/3 (“15-year”) credits
- Rental concessions
- Previously qualified then vacated units as of beginning of Year 1 of the credit period
- Claiming credits without receiving Forms 8609
NOTE: Initial lease up and first-year credit issues for acq/rehab deals are addressed in a separate webinar
The webinar is primarily intended for LIHTC property owners and asset managers, but we welcome on-site managers, as well as anyone interested in ensuring that the property generates the full amount of tax credits it was awarded. A basic understanding of the LIHTC program is recommended.
Multiple Registrations: $115/person ($100/person for nonprofits)
*The standard and nonprofit registration fee for live webinars and for webinar recordings covers a single viewer only. If multiple persons within an organization wish to view the webinar and/or its recording (regardless of whether they view it on a single computer or multiple computers), the organization must purchase a registration for each person.
There are no reviews yet.