On July 16, 2021, Novogradac updated its Privacy Notice for California Residents. You should review this updated Privacy Notice before continuing to use our site. By continuing to use our site, you agree to this updated Privacy Notice.
Novogradac LIHTC 101: The Basics Webinar (Aug 2021)
This webinar airs from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. PT (1p.m. to 4 p.m. ET)
The LIHTC 101: The Basics webinar presents a basic overview of the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) incentive, primarily as it relates to the rental property generating the tax credits at the "lower-tier" operating partnership.
- Intro to Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 42 and LIHTCs
- Example tax credit calculation
- The 9% tax credit floor and the floating 70% present value rate
- The 9%, competitive tax credit pool and states’ QAPs
- The tax credit application
- Credit reservation
- Carryover allocation and the 10% test
- Typical LIHTC partnership structure
- Investor, syndicator, developer, fund, operating partnership
- Investor equity contributions and credit pricing
- Construction completion, certificates of occupancy, lease up
- Placed-in-service package, Forms 8609
- Nuances of “acq/rehab” deals and claiming tax credits
- Program rules
- “20 at 50”, “40 at 60” and average income minimum set-asides, income limits, rent limits
- Earning and claiming tax credits
- 10-year credit period, 15-year compliance period
- Noncompliance and credit recapture
This course is designed for those new to LIHTCs as well as for those who've worked in the industry for a few years and are looking for a refresher on how their area relates to other parts of the "big picture."
*The standard and nonprofit registration fee for live online webinars and for webinar recordings covers a SINGLE VIEWER ONLY. If multiple persons within an organization wish to view the webinar and/or its recording (regardless of whether they view it on a single computer or multiple computers), the organization must purchase a registration for each person.
|Total Registrants||Price Per Registrant|
|2-5||Standard: $130, Nonprofit: $120|
|6-10||Standard: $120, Nonprofit: $110|
|11-15||Standard: $112.50, Nonprofit: $102.50|
|16-20||Standard: $110, Nonprofit: $97.50|
|21+||Standard: $105, Nonprofit: $95|
Multi-registrant rates are reflected in the shopping cart as subsequent attendees are added. For questions or registration assistance, please contact us at 415-356-7960 or email [email protected].